Friday, May 15, 2009

The Reason My Background Is Black

Ha! Well that could be taken a few different ways...
Genetically, you can get white out of black, but you can't get black out of white. I do have some pretty big sicilian (which could be african) lips– usually the source of inbound ethnicity inquiries.

But that is not the type of background I was referring to for this blogpost. Instead, I was referring to the anti-traditional black color I chose for this blog itself. And the reason I chose it is because it is better for the environment!

If you don't believe me, believe Google! A while ago, they came out with a more soulful version of themselves called Blackle, and to-date it has saved one million, two hundred and thirty-seven thousand, four hundred and eight point one hundred and seventy-ninths of watt hours (1,237,408.179)! I typed out that number because I'm so happy about it.

I would love to start calculating how many watt hours I am saving by c
hoosing this black background, so if any of you cats out there know how I might be able to have the same sort of ticker on my site, please let a sister know ; ) (I'm all in-theme) haha. Hmm... maybe I should've named this post "The Reason My Background Is Black Is Green" - kind of makes me feel squirmy though.

And as my new PSP, Personal Sustainability Promise, I've decided to homepage www.blackle.com instead of www.google.com. Gotta walk the walk! So come with me– Go black and never go back!

"Blackle.com - Saving energy one search at a time".






Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home